Volunteering 2012

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Shoes & The Truth of the Matter

I conquered my fear of spending too much money on runners and successfully purchased one of the most comforatble pair of shoes that I have owned in a while. Yes they weren't the cheapest of the lot, nor do they seem all that appealing to the eye, but none the less I felt that after I put them on, I would be able to achieve anything that I put my mind to. I wanted to test the new found theory of mine, and on Saturday morning went for a lovely run around part of the seawall, for the first time, i felt smooth in my running motion, didn't have sore legs, and felt that I could get a few more KM's out of my body. However, I didn't want to overdo it so I kept to my plan and ran a quick 3 km (well quick by my standards - did it in a little over 20 minutes) and felt like I had broken through that damn brick wall and that I am on my way to continue training. So I have made a pact with myself to continue onto the training regime that was created by smart coach. I am not going to lie, I had every intention of blowing it off so that I could have "lazy" time after work and during the weekend, but then again I wouldn't be justifying spending that amount of money for no km's gained on my new joggers. After I happily completed my run MJ asked the question why is your blog called the "Confessions of a Lazy Athlete" when you aren't really lazy as you went out and trained. There are a number of reasons for why I decided to call it this. 1) I am generally the lazy type, unless I am working towards something, I generally won't put any effort in. I thought labelling myself a lazy athlete, I would be whipping my own butt into shape. 2) I am lazy in the sense that when I hit the peak of any athletic performance that I have been part of I am known to quit. This is especially true in the forms of Tennis, Netball & Cross Country all of which I excelled at in school but when I was about to get to the next level, I would quit and regret it a few years later (this isn't only true in Sport it is also true in other aspects of my life)....i don't want to label myself a fantastic runner, because I am far from it, but I like to think that I have the potential to be good, do good times, and qualify for races that I would only dream about. I hope that in one way or another, I can inspire people to do great things and encourage them to reach their goals. So these are some of the reasons for the naming of my blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment