Volunteering 2012

Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm In.......Time to Come Up with a Training Plan


I found out a month or so ago, that I had made it into the New York Marathon.




Time to start figuring out my training plan. Something that I actually going to stick to this time because of the costs, and it is going to be the biggest race of my life. I have had my ups and downs recently, poor training and diet, and I am determined to kick some butt in this race. I'm sick at the moment, but know with proper rest I will be back up and running in no time. I know the extent of which I can push myself, and when to stop so that I don't re-injure myself. I have been battling an Achilles problem for a year, and every time I think that it is improving, my body defies me, and I am back to almost square one. I know the drill, ice, rest and plenty of stretching. I will take more notice of my body - it is obviously telling me something, when things stop working correctly.

What training plans do you stick to when it is the race of your life? I know that there are various running groups, but at this point in time, I don't have the money to be able to afford the luxury of a coach. I know that I will need motivation and  a set training plan. I know that I have countless support from my friends and family, and I don't want to let them down, I want to make then proud. 

So the hunt begins, for the perfect training plan for me. I'm tired of making excuses for my poor performances in races, the bottom line is that I don't train enough, and the reason my body rebels against me, is due to the lack of training. I want to perform at the very best that I can offer. In the past 4 weeks, I have run the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon, and the Fargo 10 & 5km challenge. My next race is this coming weekend, the Run for Women 10km (http://www.runningroom.com/runforwomen/) and then I will have the Scotiabank Half Marathon in a few weeks time (http://canadarunningseries.com/svhm/). I'm not going to push myself too hard in these races, I know that I have a long road ahead of me, to make sure that I can run the big one in November.

I am planning on updating the blog frequently as I want to be accountable, and keep myself motivated. (Since I have been off the blog for a while now). Full steam ahead for the next race!


No comments:

Post a Comment