Volunteering 2012

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Three Things Thursday

It's been a long time since I did one of these so here goes:

1: I Won't Be Running the Scotiabank Half Marathon on Sunday
After thinking a lot about this and doing a lot of soul searching, I have decided not to run the Scotiabank Half Marathon this weekend. This was going to be the race that launched my training for the New York Marathon. However, my leg has started to act up, and instead of pushing myself too far (with no training), I will sit this one out and start my Marathon training on the first weekend in July. I have to take good care of my tendon to ensure that I have nipped this injury before it gets too serious. Lots of stretching, ice and rest. I will listen to my leg when it starts to hurt too much. The Half Marathon that I will focus on for my New York training will be:















Source

One of my friends convinced me that this would be a great training run for me, so hey why not.

2. Training Plan has been set
I have chosen my training plan. It will give me the direction that I need for the lead up into the big one. I will adapt my training to match that from is from the John Stanton book "Running: The Complete Guide to Building Your Running Program":
Running
Source


I have chosen the plan that will complete the marathon, but in no particular set time. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself for this marathon, just to finish will be A-OK with me. This will be my first marathon in which I go into it with a structured training plan. I am dedicated to this, and hope that I will have lots of other runners to join me on my long runs :)

3. It is finally Summer in Vancouver!!!!!!!!
I can hardly believe that we have had two decent warm days in a row. Fingers crossed that it keeps going - here's high hopes for a long warm summer!

Good luck to everyone running races this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment