Volunteering 2012

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trying to Implement A Training Plan for Nike Womens Marathon

Now that I know what it feels like to run in a marathon, I know what I need to do to ensure that I am prepared for my next race, The Nike Women's Marathon in October. I have a little over 100 days to prepared for it and want to utilize my time as much as I can. I was so disappointed with the way that I felt after the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, so I want to shake things up a bit, and do a better time. I am still trying to find the right program that will suit me, something with speed and strength training, but Smart Coach says that I don't have enough time to do the plan right in the short amount of time. I am currently looking through books so that I can make a training plan that will suit me goals and my desire to run a lot faster then the last marathon. I have read a lot of negative feedback about the Nike Womens Marathon, and would like to know if anyone has an opinion on this. I am sure that I am going to have (being fully prepared this time) a lot of fun, and I am going to give it my all, maybe the organizers have changed the way the course works this year to make it satisfying for both the Half and Full Marathon runners!! Anyway, I love reading comments, so make sure to drop by to say hi!!!

1 comment:

  1. You still have time to prepare, check out my blog I've got a Chicago marathon plan that might work out well for you, www.irunnerblog.com.

    ReplyDelete