Volunteering 2012

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A New Beginning

So................, it all first started when I signed up as part of Team in Training to do the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon for Charity. All went well I completed that race in 2 hours and 32 minutes - not bad for a first attempt at the half marathon distance....then W & N decided that going to Disneyland and doing the Disneyland half marathon would be a dream......i kept on making excuses not to train for that...me legs were too sore, i have had a hard day at work...it got to the point where i was being motivated by my bf MJ wasn't going to work either....we would run for one block and then walk the rest of the way talking about me making excuses not to run...............quiet often the sore leg excuse came up and before I knew it i was on that plane to Disneyland with about one hours training under my belt!!! Needless to say i didn't do a personal best at the Disneyland marathon...no amount of energy drink was able to make my super hyped and be able to complete the race in record time!!! The energy drink ran out half way around the course....i did a really quick 7.5 miles but then barely managed to run the rest!! The time that i did was nothing fantastic it was 2hours and 52 minutes....needless to say I was a little disappointed in myself....so....my next challenge is the Fall Half Marathon being held at UBC in Vancouver early November!! Have I trained for it yet? Why no of course I haven't but I will be and that is under the guidance of SmartCoach Training...will I do a personal best....no i don't think so.......will i train this time round............i hope so............will I be happy with my effort knowing that my training will pay off in the end.............it would be great :) So below is my training schedule for the next 5 weeks....i need to keep to it and quit making excuses....esp since W & I want to compete in a sprint triathlon and full marathon next year!!!

http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/smtcresults/1,7144,s6-238-277-278-0-0-0-0,00.html?metr=km&hour=2&mins=51&secs=0&rlen=half&rdst=half4&mpwe=6&startf=123xyz&diff=mod&lrdy=0&slen=5&trainstart=ds1255368858312


So yes I am a lazy athlete.... but I am determined to amends my wrongs and make them right and actually run a full marathon next year............my aim is to do the Seattle one in June next year.....fingers crossed no more injuries and lots more motivation.....

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment