Volunteering 2012

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Told You I Was Lazy

Wow! It has been a while since I have written in this. I said I was lazy, so therefore I am. I kept telling myself that motivation is the key, but I got stuck in my thinking and found other things more entertaining, and hence, have neglected this blog. So here is my next attempt at writing so here goes.

The last time that I wrote I got new shoes. They are so amazingly white that my eyes almost burn looking at them. I am not going to lie. I have only worn them about 3 times. 2 of those times I was running (one of those times were in the rain, my delicious BF motivated me and we ran together!). So my training for the half marathon has ended in me pulling out of the half marathon and going down to the 10km instead. Am I angry at myself for not training. Yes! Did i know that this was going to happen yes...But in all entirity, I am injured. The cold weather is finally getting to me. It is pretty much the same problem that I had in Australia (those one or two times when the continent went into a cold snap!), when the Dr's thought that I had arthritis throughout my body, my bones and joints are sore, and particularly more so in the cold weather. I have invested in some good gloves and some water proofing spray for the shoes. I have also got wet wheather gear in the means of jacket and pants. I will complete the 10kms and then i will hit the gym for the inevitable.

I pledge to you, the one or two people who fall upon to this blog, that I will complete a full marathon next year. Will I do a record time. No! Will I be satisfied when I complete it? Yes! And I will be posting shortly the training schedule for the illusive marathon......and if anyone, would like to train virtually with me, that would be swell, that way I can keep on track.

xo

PS. MJ - SHOCK TO THE HEART

No comments:

Post a Comment