Volunteering 2012

Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Happy Monday, I was planning to write this on Sunday, but today is better then never!!!!! I had a great weekend, with a little training and a lot of relaxing. I am so excited to be back training after a pretty bad start to the year training wise. On Friday headed out on a run with Winnie. We ran I think about 2 - 3 miles, but wasn't really counting the mileage, as I was so happy to be able to catch up with her, it had been way too long! I am excited for the plans to meet up every other Monday & Friday for a small training session, and to let steam off at the beginning and end of the week!!

Saturday was a nice rest day. Started packing up bags for the move, didn't get too far, I have been known to leave packing right until the last possible minute, but it is still the first week of February so I still have a little time before I permanently make the BF's house "ours" and clear out of my current place!!! (so super excited about this).

On Sunday it was raining and pretty much miserable weather, after out late brunch (of Gluten Free Pancakes - yum) we rested a bit before heading out in the afternoon for our regular 6 km run to Trout Lake and back. I am happy to say that I found my groove with this run, and managed to run almost the whole way. I think I embarrassed the BF by cheering him on around the lake and along the streets, but I wanted to motivate him, it was raining and I was having a great run. I think that I finally have made a mental break through, as I have never been able to run for that long without taking a break! So I am super excited for the next run!!

I also found a recipe that I am super excited to try out for Valentines day. Kiss Me Cookies, the recipe was tweeted by Gluten Free Dude, I can't wait to cook them on the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment