2010 proved to be a mixed year for me. I could have trained harder, I could have had bigger goals and I could have done better times! Time to turn over a new leaf and become more committed then ever, and make 2011 a year to remember. I have signed on for some big races, and I want to do well in all of them! I am going to kick start 2011 with Syl's Challenge, and train 5 days a week for a month! Something that I am looking forward to, and something that is much overdue! So Saturday marks a new beginning for me, and also a new training schedule! My boyfriend has jumped on board, and will be running his first marathon ever in May (the longest distance to date that he has run that I know of is 10km's). We begin "official training" on Tuesday with our first 3 mile run! Over the weekend, I will post January's training schedule, so if you see me slacking off, you can give me an ear bashing (or support, what ever you think is neccessary!).
Highlights of 2010:
* Running the Rock n Roll Seattle Marathon & Nike Women's Marathon
* Running the BMO Vancouver 1/2 Marathon (did it in a slow time but, it was fun :))
* Seeing my Uncle and Aunt, first time I had seen any sort of family in over a year and a half!
* One of my good friends Winnie got engaged on a mountain!
* Going Scuba Diving (in a pool!)
* Doing the Vancouver Mitsubishi Chase (hurt more then a marathon!)
* Having random weekends away, to Whistler & Bellingham!
* Spending a week in San Francisco (I can't wait to go back next year!!!)
What I look forward to in 2011:
*Training for a few marathons, and half marathons (BMO Vancouver Half, Fargo Full, Nike Womens Full - just to name a few)!
*Going to Fargo (crazy as it sounds, I think that I will have fun)
* Seeing my parents in June, first time I have seen immediate family in over 2 and a half years! (and make sure that I am a bit slimmer then I was before I came over, so that I can "knock" their socks off!)
* The possibility of going to Hawaii for Christmas!
* A super duper birthday weekend in Victoria in 2 weeks time :)
* Learning a new area at work =)
Hope that you all have an awesome NYE! And that in 2011 you achieve all your dreams! Here's cheers to the new Year!