Volunteering 2012

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Back in the Run

I have assessed my attitude and motivation when it comes to diet and fitness, and to be honest I was not happy with what I saw. Since the Nike Womens Marathon a little over a month and a half ago, I managed to gain 10 pounds, mainly due to me eating crappy and my couch potato behaviour. What many people don't know about me is that I had a bad virus a few years back, which has limited my ability to eat wheat, gluten, sugar and lactose, as my body has trouble processessing it and well I have been ignoring the "eat clean" way of life, and after months of frustration, I will be going back to the clean eating way. It will be hard to say goodbye to my favourite foods again, but I know that I will be healthier for it, and that it will be much relief to MJ, so that he can see a happier version of myself. 

Last Saturday was my first active weekend, in a long while. Went to the gym and ran on the treadmill and did 4 miles on the bike. I will be going for a run tonight as well, weather permitting, and then this weekend, it is the start of pre-training for the next 1/2 and full marathon both in May. The bonus with this is, that I will have a dedicated training partner, who will kick my ass out of bed, with MJ being motivated to train with me, and perhaps one day, achieve Marathoner status :)

Have a happy hump day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment