Volunteering 2012

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Bit of This & A Bit of That

As I sit here trying to think of something to write, I think about my future and how happy I am at the moment. Sure I am in a area of work that has its challenges, but on a whole, the stress is somewhat fun, and being able to ressolve problems, make it all ok. I am still training, and I am happy that I have so many loving and supportive people. I did a really good run on Sunday, it was a quick 2km run and I did it in on of my fastest times. Tiger Woods came onto my Nike+ telling me that I had just completed my quickest mile which makes me strive for faster times and more training, just so I can get someone else other then Tiger telling me how good I am doing (to be honest, he isn't really my ideal role model, if you know what I mean). My quickest run however, wasn't quick enough to ensure that my housemates got to Costco in time, so that they could do their shopping, if only they had of told me they close early on Sundays, then maybe this problem wouldn't have occurred. But I wiped out my good workout in order to have a Vanilla Flavored milkshake on the deflated trip back from the shops, all courtesy of Mr L, as it had been a bad day for us all round (i never did get to buy the giant pack of TP). The good news is that the Mentoring meetings went well, and I am excited about the next chapter that is about to begin. I went to the first Info session on Monday night, have another one on Thursday and then have one on Sunday morning....hopefully we get some great people to these meetings so that they sign up to help this great foundation. To help with cross training, i have now got the papers ready for the kickboxing bootcamp, that I wanted to do, and will start that in the beginning of Feb. My only niggling thought is that I won't be there enough for the BF as he is going through some pretty heartbreaking stuff at the moment, but when you read this Mr M (aka adoring BF), i want you to know how much I love and adore you and you are the best thing a lazy girl can have ;)

On a side note I thought that it would be appropriate for me to concentrate not only getting enough execercise to make me super fit, but also start expanding my brain, and well some lack of knowledge (I may have completed a Uni degree but that doesn't neccessarily mean much - well to me anyway - and therefore i am only bagging myself out). This year I am determined to read 1 book every 2 months (why not 1 book a month, well to be honest i didn't really want to get ahead of myself and this seemed like  a good challenge). I completed my first book last week, wasn't the best book but i had to get through it. I have started the second book, and have only read the prelude, once again struggling. Also to expand my mind I am doing the daily crossword puzzle in my lunch break, that way i can expand my knowledge for words. Healthy mind = healthy body!

No comments:

Post a Comment