Volunteering 2012

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thinking on A Run

One of the main reasons why I don't like running alone - besides the lack of safety, but I also find that I have way too much time alone, alone with my own thoughts. Today I had a lot of things running through my head. The first one was the different styles of running that there is out there. I am not spectacular to watch, in fact I encourage you not to watch me, as I get very self conscience, but looking around there are so many different ways to complete this activity. I had one fellow pass by me looking like he had something wedged up his butt, or that he had been for a very long horse ride, but then I just thought to myself, he is going so quick that technique must work for him. Another few that passed me (I am not going to lie, a lot of people passed me on my run today) looked liked they were in constant pain, they were wincing with every step, but that is a step towards their dreams and goals. I thought I wonder what people think I look like when I run. I get very paranoid about people assessing my booty. This comes from being paid out when I was a youngster in Sydney on a Family holiday to help my sister move into her new apartment. I was walking with my dad in front of my brother and sister and they started laughing hysterically. They pointed out that both my dad's and my butt wobbles when we walk. I was young and naive and thought that everyone's butt wobbled when they walked, but sure enough after examining people's walking styles, I realized that everyone is not the same. Now, i don't know if mine still does it (I am assuming that it does) but I can't feel it wobbling when I run, however when I run, I waddle like I am a duck doing their run up before taking flight. I wonder if people take notice as I waddle past them?? Another thing that I was thinking about was maybe I am way to ambitious for taking on a challenge such as a Full marathon in June. I can do 5-10 kms quiet comfortably, but, they way my legs held up today, makes me wonder if I make it, although, I am not going to pull out, I look forward to the day when I complete the marathon when I can look back on this blog and wonder, what was I thinking, that I couldn't do it, look at me I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment