Volunteering 2012

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year, A New Beginning????????

So, it appears that my motivation has failed me again. My first goal for the new year was to do the polar Bear Swim on the 1st of January. Did this hapen - well no it didn't. The appeal of sleeping in after a late night out just seemed like a good idea. I did pay for my late night and lack of nutrition and exercise. I came down with an incredibly sore throat on the Saturday and the weekend seemed very much like a blur - lots of sleeping, drinking fluids and rest, and now is the perfect time for me to reasses the goals that I hope to achieve this year. I am not going to go way over my head this time. With the right training and the right nutrition and support i think that I will make it. It helps that along the way I have the support of my loving BF who is also in the mood to "get fit" and will compete in some events with me this year. I also am living in a friendly and happy environment and my fantastic roomies are also in the mood to make 2010 count :)
So new goals in mind - I have set up a events Calander and also a training schedule to make 2010 count. I will be competing in the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon, The Scotiabank Vancouver 1/2 Marathon  and hope that I can compete in a full marathon by the end of the year.I will be entering into the Mitsubishi Challenge and also the Vancouver 10km Sun Run with my adorable BF.. Along with these my other goals is reaching optimum strength in mind body and spirit and make 2010 the year to count. Also....I will blog more often to keep myself motivated and so I can track my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment