Volunteering 2012

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Perhaps Some Monthly Goals Are in Order

In preparation of the Half Marathon coming up, I thought that it might be a good idea to make monthly goals with what I want to achieve both training wise and health wise. Training will have to go slowly but surely. I was lucky enough to have a slow training session this afternoon after work. I ran a few laps of the oval and then did some stretches on the sideline. Anyone who might have seen me do these would have got a little bit of entertainment - I am not the most co-oridnated person. My knee again was a little tender after these exercises and I know that I won't be able to push myself to hard, for a little bit longer.

To run well, I know that I also have to fuel my body right. At the moment I know that I am not doing this. I like to blame most of this on my work environment, and I definitely know that I have to change those habits. I will be starting a healthy eating schedule and see if I can maintain it for more then 2 days. It is just too easy to eat bad things, when they are so readily available.

In the meantime, I am busily organizing accommodation for when I tackle the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Marathon. I know that it is early planning, but I want to make sure that we have a room when we arrive and we don't miss out. On a mentoring note, I am so excited that most of my mentees have surpassed their original fundraising goals, I am so incredibly happy for them, and I know that they will rock when the race comes up in June.

I will be back very shortly with an outline of my goals that I want to achieve during the month....eek only just a little over 50 days to go until the next Half Marathon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment