Volunteering 2012

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Each Thursday I am going to write about 3 things that I am greatful for. The reason for this is that sometimes, I get so caught up in the negatives, that I don't often get time to think of the positives in my life. So here is the first installment of the 3 things that I am greatful for at the moment:

Joining Team In Training
I joined TNT in November 2008 just 6 weeks after arriving in Canada. I needed to make friends (and was only travelling with one other person at the time, and they didn't like to go out and meet people) and learn how to get out of my comfort zone and learn how to run. The people that I met were amazing, and I know that they will be lifelong friends. I am now a mentor with TNT, and am also training to run my first full marathon, and next year will be training with them again for the Lavaman Triathlon in Hawaii.

Taking Dance Lessons
When we arrived here, my travelling friend decided that she wanted to take dance lessons here- it was a toss up between West Coast Swing and Pussy Cat Dolls dancing. I thought that it would be more of a challenge to dance with a partner so we enrolled in West Coast Swing. We were probably the 2 most uncoordinated people that ever participated in the class, but it gave me the opportunity to meet new people. It also was where I met my darling BF, and the rest they say is history :)

My Travelling Buddy Leaving
I know that this sound a little odd - and perhaps a little cold hearted. The thing that suffocated me the most when we arrived was only having each other to depend on. Don't get me wrong, we were really best friends before we started this trip together. But after time, it seemed that she relied on me too much and to put it simply used me until her friends arrived from home. Once they arrived, she told me that we were packing up and moving to Toronto - I am stubborn and wouldn't budge, so she left with them. The reason why this is turned into such a great thing for me, is that through the help from the BF, I am living in the most wonderful place possible, living the full Canadian Dream. I live with 4 other people, all whom I get along with really well, and it has turned my world upside down, and makes me so incredibly happy to be sharing home with them - and the dogs.


So there is a little insite - there will be more to be revealed over the coming Thursdays!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment