Volunteering 2012

Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekly Goal

No that it is under 30 days to the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon, I thought that it would be now or never to take my training more seriously. Last week was a bit of a non workout week - went to the Gym once and then went to Hot Yoga once - 2 workouts in one week is kind of a bad effort. This weekend MJ & I went to Seattle - we managed to get one run in. It was a good chance to do some hill work in slight preparation for the hills that I will be running in a few months time (which I will freak out about later....a full marathon, how crazy can I be??). But now all my energy has to be focused on the next couple of weeks so that I can be prepared for the half marathon.

Today after spending a very aggravating 2 and a half hours in the Doctors Office, I went to the gym to hit the treadmill and the bikes. Ran 30 minutes on the Treadmill and rode the bike for 20 minutes - it felt like a really good workout, and built up a good sweat.

My goal for the rest of the week is to go to the gym once a day and use Saturday as my long run day - and celebrate with the team on Sunday as they have reached their half way mark!! I will also start to do some weight training - use the book of exercises that MJ photocopied for me, so that I have some guidance.

So it is off to bed for me, after drinking my bottle of water to hydrate myself, and be ready for the early start tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment